toggi
toggi
انتظر معكممممممممممم
غزل البنات
غزل البنات
هذه وصفتين بس مااعرف هم للصورتين ولا كلهم للصوره اللي تحت لانه الصوره الاولانيه شكلها فاكهه والله ماادري شوفوا انتو

PUTO - version 1
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups Rice Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 cups Coconut Milk
1 cup white (granulated) Sugar
1 teaspoon Anise Seeds (optional)
1 cup grated Coconut
Sift rice flour, salt and sugar together. With a whisk, slowly blend in the coconut milk until you have a smooth batter. This should be the consistency of pancake batter. Pour batter into greased small muffin tins and steam for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Instead of mixing in the anise seeds as suggested in the recipe, I chose to just sprinkle them on top. Serve with grated coconuts.
NOTE:A good rice cake, it was dense and flavorful. But, as my resident taste testers said, “it’s like a white version of the kutsinta”. It’s true. It was dense, chewy and sweet with a slight salty undertone. I think the salt can be cut down by half next time. The thing that this version was missing are the holes. The puto that we like has that chewiness from rice cakes but it is also pockmarked with holes, much like a sponge cake. This version, alas, had no holes.
In search of the ‘holes’ we decided to experiment with another puto recipe that I had printed out sometime ago and saved in my collection of ‘to-try’ recipes. Unfortunately, the website that I had printed this second recipe from, a compuserve homepage, is no longer online. I think this is the ‘puto muffin’ that I see at most Filipino potlucks.

PUTO - version 2
INGREDIENTS:
½ cup All-Purpose Flour
½ cup Rice Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg White, beaten
¾ Coconut Milk
¼ cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the batter is smooth. Pour into greased muffin tins ⅔ full and steam for about 15 minutes until cakes spring back or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with grated coconuts.
NOTE: According to my resident taste testers again, ‘this tastes like steamed corn muffins’. It was a bit cakey. I probably could have frosted it and no one would be able to tell the difference from a regular cake muffin. It had holes though.
So I guess my quest for the perfect puto recipe is still ongoing. I will try to replicate Stef’s experiment next and see if that is the holy holey version we are looking for.
غزل البنات
غزل البنات
هنا في صوره لطريقه طهي

Putong Puti (White Puto)
Adapted from Oggi’s Puto Puti
Makes approximately 12 small buns/cakes
2 cups rice flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cups caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2 tbsp water
Flavouring (eg extracts) or colouring, if desired
Tasty cheese, if desired.
Prepare your steamer. Make sure the water is simmering. I put a tea towel on the lid just so the water that forms through condensation on the lid does not drop on the cakes (which will hinder it from rising). Butter your moulds/cups if they are not non-stick (does that make sense? I hope so!).
In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Add milk and water.
Mix until well combined. Add your flavouring or colouring if desired.
Pour batter evenly on to moulds. I used these silicon moulds that I bought ages ago but had no use for until, well, these puto came along! I like cheese on my puto so I just sprinkled grated tasty cheese on top of the batter. Some will fall to the bottom of the mould which should be fine.

6. Steam cakes for about 20 minutes or until well risen. Remove from moulds and let stand for a couple of minutes.
7. Serve warm or with butter (if not using cheese!). Enjoy!
NOTE: Because rice flour was used, the texture of the puto hardened abit the morning after. Pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds or whichever setting you use in your microwaves (it has been freezing here in the land down under because it’s winter!), and they are good as new!
And the verdict? She (and all the aunts who were there when I came over) loves it! I’m glad my first Filipino dessert attempt wasn’t a total failure!

غزل البنات
غزل البنات
I have featured a Puto Recipe made from all-purpose flour for a quick and easy way to prepare puto. I am sure you also want to know the traditional and old-fashioned way of preparing puto. Here is one recipe that makes use of Galapong Bigas.
Ingredients
6 cups Galapong Bigas (see method of preparing Galapong Bigas)
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder (optional since galapong bigas already has trapped yeast to make puto rise)
1 3/4 cups refined sugar
1 teaspoon anise seed
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (see procedure on Coconut milk preparation)
grated cheddar cheese (for topping, optional)
salted egg (for topping, optional)

Procedure
1. Mix the galapong bigas, sugar, anise seed. Add the coconut milk. Beat using a wire whisk.
2. Prepare muffin pans lined with banana leaves.
3. When muffin pans are ready, pour mixture.
4. Steam for 25-35 minutes. Do not over-steam so that the crust of the puto is not tough.
5. Top the puto with grated cheddar cheese or salted eggs, a few minutes before puto is cooked.
Yield: around 3 dozens.
غزل البنات
غزل البنات
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (or better yet rice flour)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups thick coconut cream (the first press. See How to Extract Coconut Cream or you can use coconut powder and follow instructions to make thick cream)
1 teaspoon aniseed

Directions
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add coconut cream to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
3. Add Aniseed
4. Pour into banana-lined muffin tins.
5. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.