mijo
mijo
على فكره رحت جربت ايميل فيه اسم allahoallah@yahoo.com وسجل وكل شيء... هذا كذب وافتراء... انا ما ادافع عن الياهوو بس اتمنى عدم الانجرار خلف هذه الاقاويل... سبحان الله
على فكره رحت جربت ايميل فيه اسم allahoallah@yahoo.com وسجل وكل شيء... هذا كذب وافتراء... انا...
Hello, I am attempting to register my user "kallahar" on yahoo. However I keep running into an error, it says that the name is unavailable even if I choose something random like "kallahar4390859854". I've ran a few tests, and I think you're banning the following words: allah, binladen, osama, yahoo, security, admin, as well as many others. However the following were allowed: god, messiah, jesus, jehova, yahweh, savior, buddah, quran, koran, mohammad, satan, devil, jihad, terrorist, suicide, murder, kill, etc.

Does yahoo have an official position that words with "allah" in them are not allowed to create users?

Please respond ASAP,

Kallahar

هذا هو نص الرساله التي قامت بارسالها الاخت الموقعة ادناه

اما الرد من اداره ياهوو فكان

Feb 17, 2006
'Allah' in name foils email tag
By SEAN REAGAN Staff Writer
When Ashfield resident Linda Callahan signed up for a Verizon email account using her surname, she ran into weeks of technical difficulties.

Kallahan, it turns out, contains within it the name "Allah," the name of God in the Islamic religion.

Because of that, Callahan was told by Verizon management officials that she could not use it as part of her e-mail address.

"'I was shocked," she said. "I think that nobody should be able to block that name."

Verizon spokeswoman Bobbie Henson said that the problem arose because Callahan uses a Yahoo portal. Verizon customers can choose between three portals - Yahoo, MSN or Verizon's own portal.

Portals are Web sites that offer a broad array of Internet resources and services, including email, chat forums, search engines, weather and online shopping stores.

Because Verizon is partnered with Yahoo, said Henson, Verizon customers are subjected to Yahoo's name filters, which apparently include the name "Allah."

Henson said that Verizon "had no idea this was an issue" when the company joined forces with Yahoo earlier this year. "Allah," she said, has never been a filtered name at Verizon and there are customers whose email addresses include "Callahan."

"This is not our list," she said.

Henson said Verizon officials plan to talk with their Yahoo counterparts about the issue.

Yahoo spokeswoman Meghan Busatch did not dispute Verizon's account. However, in telephone conversations on both Wednesday and Thursday, she said she was unable to provide additional information and asked for more time to prepare a response.

Matt Crocker, vice president of Greenfield-based Crocker Communications, said that the local telecommunications company does not apply name or content filters to its customers.

While some addresses - such as "postmaster" or "abuse" - are reserved for internal use, customers can utilize any name they choose, so long as no other customer is not already using it.

"We made a decision as a company that we're not going to censor or filter our customers that way," said Crocker. For her part, Callahan said she is wary of any company that wants to forbid the use of the word "Allah."

"I wouldn't want to support a company that has rules like that," she said. "It doesn't help anybody in our world right now."

Sean Reagan can be reached at sreagan@gazettenet.com

انا ما جبت شي من عندي
كله موثق
وشكرا جزيلا لك اخت Fantastic*