I_Luv_Sweets
I_Luv_Sweets
jeela I_Luv_Sweets جزاكم الله خير على التكرم بالمرور والرد والله لايحركم الاجر ان شاءالله وينوي لكم اللي في بالكم ياسميع يامجيب :) بس عندي جم قصيده ثانيه ياريت تساعدوني فيه ادري بتقولون شين وقوة عين بس كل اللي ابيه منكم تشيكووون عليها بس خصوصا بالقرااامر وربي مايضيع تعبكم ان شاءالله (القصيده) The Widow`s Lament in Springtime Thirtyfive years I lived with my husband The plumtree is white today with masses of flowers Masses of flowers load the cherry branches and color some bushes yellow and some red but the grief in my heart is stronger than they for though they were my joy formerly today I notice them and turned away forgetting (الشرح) I lived 35 years with my husband she is talking about plumtree it`s full of white color flower cherry is full of flower cherry are full of yellow and some it`s full of red I am more sad . my grief is stronger than last years and now I am happy than the past Iused the joy before before today I want to see the flower formerly Now i am forgetting my grief forgetting my husband forgetting my sorrow ================================================ (القصيده) Virtue Sweet day so cool so calm so bright The bridal or the earth and sky The dew shall weep thy fall to night For thou must die (الشرح) line 1 - 2 adjective line 3 - 4 Dew is crying on the coming of the night \ end of the day He is talking about the day . He is calling and giving 5 adj. The dew are crying because the early morning day is about to finish and the night is about to come ================================================ (القصيده) Breake`breake`breake Breake`breake`breake At the foot of thy crages O sea But the tender grace of a day that is dead Will never come back to me (الشرح) all sea I am sitting here on the stones of your shore The sweet momries means tender grace of time is finished now Will not com to me again ================================================ (القصيده) Incident I saw the whole of Baltimore From May until December Of all the things that happend there That`s all that Iremember ================================================ :)
jeela I_Luv_Sweets جزاكم الله خير على التكرم بالمرور والرد والله لايحركم الاجر ان شاءالله...
This poem’s primary focus is virtue, hence the title. It relates strongly to Christianity and says that the only way to live eternally is to be virtuous. In the first three stanzas, Herbert describes things that seem to be “sweet” but really are not. His diction in those first three stanzas lets the reader feel a sense of calmness and beauty, and then he shows great contrast by saying that though these things are wonderful, they will not survive when “the world turn to coal.”

The world turning to coal is an allusion to the apocalypse. All the stanzas symbolize different types of people. The people in the first three stanzas are not necessarily evil, but they are not virtuous and do not survive the end of the world. The person described in the last stanza is virtuous, thus he has salvation and will live eternally.

Herbert uses much imagery and personification in this poem. He does this to make the objects he describes in the stanzas more realistic and life-like. He also keeps life and death motif. At the end of every stanza is a statement telling the final result of the person in each verse.

Herbert uses an ABAB rhyme scheme throughout the poem. He was an English Renaissance poet and all of those poets incorporated rhyming in their work, so Herbert did as well.

When one looks at this poem as a whole, it is easy to see that the author is very religious. Herbert definitely believes in Christianity and this entire poem deals with the topic of salvation and damnation when the apocalypse arrives.